Thursday, August 21, 2014

Koko Head Hike August 2014

I'm still recovering from a bad car accident that happened back in January...but I decided to tackle Koko Head (again) anyway.

Going Up!


There is plenty of parking if you go in the morning and Koko Head itself is in the lovely Hawaii Kai area of Honolulu. The hike itself isn't a "long" one, but the elevation and quick incline is what gets people, you go up 1,000 feet.
 I am short. Very short. And while I have done this hike before I'm still always surprised by how much I have to stretch my legs to go up the stairs...WATCH YOUR FOOTING! I almost fell several times as the rocks and dirt are going to move with you.
View of Hawaii Kai 

The views are amazing! Make sure that if you do this hike you do it in the morning (when its not too hot) and on a nice day. The views of Hawaii Kai, Honolulu, and Hanauma Bay are wonderful.









Hanauma Bay to the right and Hawaii Kai to the left

Hawaii Kai view

Hanauma Bay

The back side of Koko Head

Back side of Koko Head
Overall the hike wasn't too bad and the view from the top made the way up totally worth it. Going back down is always harder than going up. Again I reiterate....WATCH YOUR FOOTING!!!!

Going back down

How many more stairs?!



Bring a little backpack with water, tie your shoes tight, and enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment