Sunday, August 17, 2014

Scuba Diving Red Hill, Maui July 2014

Jut realized I didn't include the second tank dive that my friend and I did in Maui with Maui Dive Shop! The second dive was a drift dive around Red Hill. This dive wasn't quite as awe inspiring as Molokini, but it was fun and different.


We saw plenty of eels, starfish, and sea urchin...which I will expand upon shortly.














Let me begin by saying OUCH! So while scuba diving here I pointed out the above eel. One of the other divers decided to descend quickly upon said eel to snap a photo. In the process of doing so he hit me on the head with his leg and sent me into several sea urchins...ouch ouch ouch.

My toes-post sea urchin encounter


However, we did see two sea turtles on this dive! Definitely made up for the fact that I had pieces of urchin in my foot.


Overall this dive was really great! Again, Maui water is so much warmer than Oahu and the visibility and sea life far surpassed all dives I've done on Oahu.



No comments:

Post a Comment