Saturday, August 30, 2014

A Day In Haleiwa and the greatest Thai Food on this planet...OPAL THAI

My friend recently bought a home so our big focus has been painting, decorating, and lots AND LOTS of house work. Its really starting to look absolutely amazing, she has great taste!


But we decided to take a break and hit the beach and check out all the cute boutiques in Haleiwa. Haleiwa is one of my most favorite towns on Oahu. From Matsumoto's Shaved Ice (which really is worth all the hype, its amazing) to all the unique shops, Haleiwa is adorable.


The beach park isn't the greatest beach park I have ever been to, but it's right next to the wonderful Surf n' Sea (where I got scuba certified...highly recommend). You can rent stand up paddle boards, scuba gear, basically anything water related.


I really love Kono's for breakfast. Kono's has by far the best breakfast wraps (or as they call them bombers) I have ever had. Ever. If you get a tattoo of their pig on a surf board you will get 25% off of everything you could possibly want to order FOR LIFE!

 I really like Banzai Sushi, delicious and sometimes has live music! Cholos Mexican is great for dinner and serves margaritas that will make you forget you dates first name. My most favorite little cafe is definitely the Coffee Gallery! Coffee Gallery has epic coffee, acai bowls, and baked goods.

But...by far....wait for it....the most epic...Thai Food...you will ever...ever...eat.

OPAL THAI FOOD. First of all its already famous as I have seen it all over the Food Network and different spots on varying channels. The owner is this adorable man who is so friendly and makes you feel like he is genuinely concerned with you enjoying every second of your meal. Opal's is ALWAYS packed so I recommend making a reservation. (808) 637-7950

My friends and I FINALLY get seated and the owner walks over and starts asking everyone to name Thai dishes they know and if we like garlic, basil, cilantro, chiles, and if we like spice (which I do)! He then sat thoughtfully, smiled at all of us and shook our hands saying "I'm going to take care of you guys." Before we knew it three AMAZING...seriously world stopingly delicious appetizers were placed before us. Beef lettuce wraps, curry chicken skewers with peanut sauce, and a potato vegetable dish that was mind boggingly good. We all dove in forks first. Then the main courses. Panang curry (which I loved), a shrimp and noodle stir fry, and Pad Thai. All hands down the best Thai food I have ever experienced. I just wish they offered mangos with sticky rice :) Hands down one of my all time favorites.

Got this photo from the internet because I felt like it really captured the owner and the environment well. The owner is the one holding the gentleman in the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment