Thursday, August 14, 2014

Scuba Diving in Molokini, Maui! July 2014

So let me begin by saying WOW! Maui is fabulous, amazing, and all things great about Hawaii. I simply loved every moment of this mini vacation! My friend and I began our Maui diving adventure at Molokini (see below)...breathtaking!

Molokini from the Dive Boat
We started with an amazing 75 foot dive for 34 minutes. And just WOW!
Shark Tail!
This was my 7th dive and my friends 40 something dive and we were both so in love with the sea life we saw. This scuba dive puts every dive on Oahu to shame with its natural beauty and the extent of places and spaces to explore.

We booked our dive with Maui Dive Shop. We were picked up from our hotel at 0600 in Lahiana and dropped off at the dive shop across from the harbor. From there we were suited up and loaded onto the boat. A decent breakfast was provided and we were thoroughly entertained by the dive leaders and received many lessons on the sea life we would see.

I was surprised by how much warmer the water is in Maui versus Oahu! Overall, the dive in Molokini was an amazing/moving experience, wish Oahu reefs were as well cared for!
Shark!
Molokini from the air

No comments:

Post a Comment